I must tell you though my recovery is really great! All tension is not only released but as I looked at any challenge today, I laughed, I laughed with my little girl and played joyfully! Humor and laughter such natural methods of dealing with stress and yet also so underestimated! Life feels great when you laugh! Try it! ;-)
Thank you Danielle and Jackie for being such wonderful coaches and sharing your time and laughter with us, your class " Yoga du Rire".
Also thank you maman Vivianne for having such wonderful daughters!
Laughter is strong medicine for mind and body.
Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health.
Laughter is just great for your health!
Laughter and humor helps you stay emotionally healthy
Laughter makes you feel good. And the good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps you keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments, and loss.
More than just a respite from sadness and pain, laughter gives you the courage and strength to find new sources of meaning and hope. Even in the most difficult of times, a laugh–or even simply a smile–can go a long way toward making you feel better. And laughter really is contagious—just hearing laughter primes your brain and readies you to smile and join in on the fun.
The link between laughter and your mental health
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Humor shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Laughing with others is more powerful than laughing alone
- Be more spontaneous. Humor gets you out of your head and away from your troubles. Let go of defensiveness.
- Laughter helps you forget judgments, criticisms, and doubts.
- Release inhibitions. Your fear of holding back and holding on are set aside.
- Express your true feelings. Deeply felt emotions are allowed to rise to the surface.
Shared laughter is one of the most effective tools for keeping relationships fresh and exciting. All emotional sharing builds strong and lasting relationship bonds, but sharing laughter and play adds joy, vitality, and resilience. And humor is a powerful and effective way to heal resentments, disagreements, and hurts. Laughter unites people during difficult times.
Using humor and laughter in relationships allows you to:
So there you have it for now...wasn't that funny? lol :p
Seriously though I really hope you enjoyed this information as much as I did!
Plenty more information on this subject and other beneficial natural health and wellness techniques...
Hope to see you here again soon...until next time,
Yours in Love & Joy,